Do you need a Mold Inspection?
We are going to tell you something right away about mold inspections and mold testing that is going to make 99% of all other mold companies and mold inspectors squirm.
If you already see visible mold, you usually do NOT need a mold inspection or mold testing. If you already see visible mold, you simply need to remove it. Once you see visible mold, testing is usually unnecessary and a waste of money.
When should a mold inspection or mold testing be considered?
- When visible mold is not present, but the smell of mold is present. Here a mold inspection and mold test can reveal whether there is indeed elevated mold, and where it is located.
- There have been plumbing leaks or water issues and there is a suspicion that elevated mold may exist in the air and/or behind walls.
- Post Mold Removal Clearance Testing to ensure that the previous mold issues has been resolved and mold counts have returned to levels found in normal environments of the same type.
- Health Concerns: In some cases a doctor or the patient has a health issue that they cannot pinpoint the cause but seems to be related to mold symptoms (coughing, sneezing, headaches, etc). Here, a mold inspection and test may help to confirm whether the doctor’s or patient’s suspicions that a mold problem exists.
- For real estate transactions for the protection of Buyers and Sellers.
- Landlord/Tenant disputes as to whether there is a mold problem.
- Someone thinks they see or smell mold but are not sure.
- Someone is interested in a general Indoor Air Quality test of their environment.
Just remember our simple rule: “For Your Protection Get A Mold Inspection”
Certus Home Inspections – TREC #20434
2506 Llano Springs Dr
Katy, TX 77494